In Touch with Memory Program
In Touch with Memory
Come to us! Be one of the first schools through our museum’s new state-of-the-art museum and learning facilities for an on-site program delivered by our team of expert Holocaust educators.
- Recommended for Levels 8 – 12
- Led by Holocaust Educator
- Enquiry based learning model
- Tour our permanent exhibition, showcasing Holocaust history through artefacts and testimonies (from Term 2, 2023)
- Hands-on interaction with documents, photos, artefacts
- Hear from a Holocaust survivor
- Monday – Friday (Morning or afternoon sessions)
- Linked to the Victorian curriculum & relevant to the VCE and VCAL subjects
- $7.50 per student
This program is relevant to Levels 7 – 10 Victorian Curriculum
History: Historical concepts and skills. This program will give students a real opportunity to practise historical skills such as analysis and use of sources.
Civics and Citizenship: Students will have the opportunity to examine the role of laws in a democratic society and identify ways they can be active and informed citizens and take action, in different contexts.
English: This program gives students a ‘real life’ context for responding to literature on the Holocaust.
Personal and Social Capability
This program is relevant to the following VCE subjects
VCE and VCAL (Units 1—4)
English / VCE and VCAL
- VCE Unit 1 & 3, Area Study 1, Reading and creating texts
- VCE Unit 2 & 4, Area of Study 2, Reading and comparing texts
- VCAL intermediate and senior, Reading, writing and oral communication
- VCE Unit 1 Modern history 1918–1939
Religion and Society
- VCE Unit 2 Religion and Ethics
- VCE Unit 2, Area of Study 2 – How are people influenced to behave in particular ways?
Our child safety commitment
All children visiting or engaging with the MHM have a right to feel and be safe, respected, valued and protected from harm.
The MHM is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children at our museum. Our museum deals with difficult themes and material. We create and maintain a child safe environment as the welfare of children is our priority.